With the Arrows traveling to Starkville to take on the Pearl Pirates in the MHSAA 6A State Championship, there is a good bit of information floating around about Friday. I thought I would gather (almost) everything you need to know in one location.
Star 93.5 will be broadcasting play-by-play as well as a pregame show beginning at 4:30.
The public can listen by tuning in to 93.5FM or by downloading the Star93.5 App on iTunes or Google Play. Simply visit Star 93.5’s Web site for more information.
If you are attending the game, be sure to bring your personal radio. Clinton Radio will have it’s own designated frequency for fans to listen while in the stadium — 88.1 or 94.5 FM.
Friday night’s game will be broadcasted on ME TV, Central Mississippi channel 16.2, as well as live streamed on MHSAA’s Web site.
Viewers will be charged $10 to watch MHSAA’s live stream.
Friday at School
The CPSD Administration has shortened the school day to a 60% day to allow for safe travel and community participation. School times are listed below:
- Clinton Park, Northside and Eastside Elementary schools will dismiss at 11:15 a.m.
- Lovett and CJHS will dismiss at 12:20 p.m.
- Sumner Hill and CHS will dismiss at 1:00 p.m.
MHSAA has scheduled a few events for the team and the fans. All Arrow fans are encouraged to cheer on the Arrows during the team walk.
- 3:45 p.m. — Team will eat pregame meal
- 4:50 p.m. — Team walk at The Junction leading into the stadium. All students and fans are encouraged to attend this event and cheer on the Arrows.
- 6:30 p.m. — Pregame awards will be given (Scholar-Athlete of the Game)
Friday Game Time
The game will be played at Davis Wade Stadium on the campus of Mississippi State University.
Tickets are $15 at the gate, and all seats are general admission. Children under 5 will be admitted without a ticket. There is no reserved seating. There will be no access to upper level seating.
Tickets purchased are good for all games on Friday, so gates will be open plenty early for fans to get seats. Again, Arrow fans are encouraged to attend the Team Walk Through at 4:50 in the junction.
Clinton is the home team, so Arrow fans are to sit on the west side of the stadium. Also, since Clinton is the home team, the CHS Band will perform the National Anthem.
- 7:09 p.m. — Kickoff for the 2016 MHSAA 6A Championship Game
- Halftime — College Savings Mississippi is hosting a scholarship contest
- Post-Game — Award Ceremonies for winners and runners-up
The Clinton Arrows (13-1) will take on the Pearl Pirates (11-3) in Starkville for the MHSAA 6A Football State Championship at Davis-Wade Stadium in Starkville, Miss.
Both teams are playing for their first State Championship title.
The Arrows defeated rival Madison Central 38-34, winning their fifth straight game. This win clinched the North State Title for the Arrows.
Pearl defeated the Petal Panthers 24-3 to take the South State Title.
Friday night’s match up is the first All-Metro title game in MHSAA’s highest classification since 1999.